Attention USA Coaches! Niantic and Verizon have partnered for a special weekend event on November 7, 2020. To participate in the event, trainers must be subscribed to Verizon wireless plans and log into Verizon Up App.
The rewards are quite similar to other special weekend events (Pokémon GO + GrubHub Special Weekend Event (US only) and Mexican Pokémon GO 7-Eleven Special Weekend brings Shiny Ferroseed), but there are some nuances.
Let’s see what’s coming. Remember, this is a US exclusive event.
Date + time
- Ticket exchange:
- from Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 6:00 am PDT (GMT −7),
- to Saturday, November 7, 2020 at 11:00 am PST (GMT −8)
- Event day: Saturday, November 7, 2020, 11:00 am to 2:00 pm local time
- Complete the Timed Investigation event to win
- XP, Stardust, three incense, a Star Piece and 100 Charizard Mega Energy,
- As well as encounters with Chansey, Spoink, Absol, Bronzor, Gible, and Sewaddle!
- The following Pokémon will be attracted to Incense during the event: Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Pikachu, Unown V, Unown Z, Sableye, Patrat, Minccino, and Ferroseed. If you’re lucky, you might come across a Shiny Ferroseed!
- Please note that Shiny Unown will not appear during this event.
- The incense activated during the event will last for one hour.
How to claim a ticket
To get a special weekend ticket, be sure to log into the Verizon Up rewards program app with your Verizon ID or mobile phone number. Only one ticket can be redeemed per Pokémon GO account. The codes are personal and cannot be transferred. If eligible, unlock your tickets here.
- Tickets will be available on the Verizon Up app for eligible Verizon users from Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 6:00 am PDT (GMT −7) through Saturday, November 7, 2020 at 11:00 am PST (GMT −8).
- After claiming their tickets through Verizon, trainers must redeem them at the Niantic Redemption Portal, from October 20, 2020 at 6:00 am PDT (GMT −7), to November 7, 2020, at 11:00 am PST (GMT −8). Redeem the codes on the Niantic Redemption portal to unlock them in the Pokémon GO app.
Exclusive Verizon Avatar Items
Also starting today, October 20, eligible Verizon users will be able to unlock exclusive Verizon avatar items on Pokémon GO! Trainers will be able to obtain codes for these avatar items by logging into the Verizon Pokémon GO Page. The following items will be available:
- The Verizon Mask Avatar
- The Verizon Hoodie Avatar
More Verizon avatar items will be available at a later date, so stay tuned for updates!
Codes will be available on Verizon’s Pokémon GO portal for eligible Verizon users from Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 6:00 am PDT (GMT −7) through Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 11:59 am pm PST (GMT – 8).
Codes must be redeemed on[[[[Niantic deal redemption portal from Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 6:00 am PDT (GMT −7) to Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm PST (GMT −8).
Verizon Sponsored Gifts
Also beginning today, October 20, in select regions of the United States, all Coaches will be eligible to receive a Verizon Sponsored Gift When spinning, select PokéStops for the first time each day. Coaches can open these gifts to win in-game items and also view a special message from Verizon.
More Verizon and Pokémon GO
- Some Verizon stores in the United States will become PokéStops or sponsored gyms in Pokémon GO.
- All Trainers will be able to rotate these Verizon sponsored PokéStops to receive sponsored field research assignments. Stay tuned for more information on when these locations will be available.
- And by the end of 2021, coaches from certain parts of the United States will be able to participate in Legendary raids scheduled at your local Verizon gyms.