The last Pokémon Go event, the Throwback Challenge 2020, is here, and it’s going to be a busy month for all of you Pokémon trainers! Each week included new timed searches and, if you have completed the four weeks or purchased a ticket, you can now start the final special search. Fortunately, we here at iMore have all the details for this final special research!
What is a Throwback Challenge?
Return challenges are much like special research, but with the added difficulty of being timed. When you log in for a week of the Throwback Challenge, you get the timed search line in your view today. From there, you can finish the search for a defined period of time, after which all that remains incomplete will disappear.
Get an iPhone SE with Mint Mobile service for $ 30 / month
Each week in May 2020, a different timed search line was presented and completing them (or purchasing a ticket) unlocks an additional line in the first week of June. The last week has arrived, but unlike previous Throwback Challenges, this reward week is not timed. There will be bonuses that will help finish the special search during the week, but even if you don’t finish it now, the special search remains until you finish it.
2020 Research Throwback Challenge Champion
This week’s special research line includes a large number of Generation V Pokémon in the Unova region. We have Pokemon Reward Meetings for each stage, as well as for some of the individual tasks. Unlike the timed search lines of previous weeks, this special search will require leaving home. In particular, win 15 raids and hatch 15 eggs. However, as mentioned earlier, you don’t have to finish it this week.
- The asterisk indicates that Pokémon have the potential to be brilliant
The first step
- Make 15 big shots for a Galarian Meowth encounter.
- Catch 15 Pokémon for incense.
- Transfer 15 Pokémon for 30 Ultra Balls.
Completion rewards: Gothita encounter, 500 Stardust, 500 XP.
- Evolve 5 Pokémon for five rare candies.
- Hatch 15 eggs for a meeting in Oshawott.
- Win 15 Raids for ten Max Revives.
Completion Rewards: Meeting with Darumaka, 500 Stardust, 500 XP.
- Make an excellent throw for 30 rare candies.
- Defeat another trainer 15 times for the Tepig encounter.
- Feed Pokémon 15 times for 500 Stardust.
Completion Rewards: Meeting with Zebstrika, 500 Stardust, 500 XP.
- Give your Pokemon buddy 15 treats for a Golden Razz berry.
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokémon for an encounter with Snivy.
- Take 15 snapshots for a silver Pinap berry.
Completion Rewards: Audino, 500 Stardust, 500 XP
- Semi-automatic entry for a loaded TM.
- Automatically completed for a Galarian Stunfisk meeting.
- Semi-automatic entry for a Fast TM.
Completion Rewards: Genesect encounter, five rare candies, Professor Willow’s glasses,
While players must win or purchase tickets for special research, all coaches can take advantage of the following bonuses:
These bonuses will be available from 1 p.m. local time on Wednesday June 3 until 1 p.m. local time Monday June 8, 2020.
Do you have questions regarding the completion of the Throwback Challenge Champion search? Have you won your seat, bought your ticket or maybe even both? Let us know in the comments below, and be sure to check out our full Pokédex, as well as our many Pokémon Go guides so that you too can become a Pokémon master!