Spring in the Northern Hemisphere officially began on March 21, but Niantic is celebrating the Spring into Spring event. The annual seasonal event runs April 4-8 and features Pokémon celebrating by wearing flower crowns in the wild and even in full bloom. Read on for everything you need to know about the event. You might also want to grab one of the best Pokémon Go accessories to help you on your adventure.
New Pokémon in Pokémon Go from Spring to Spring
The event features wild versions of Chansey and Pikachu wearing flower crowns. The versions of Happiny, Pichu, and Eevee that hatch from eggs will also wear the crowns. If you evolve a Chansey wearing a crown to Blissey, she will keep the accessory.
The event also features six shiny new Pokémon:
- Mega lopunny
Wild spawning grounds in Pokémon range from spring to spring
The following Spring-themed Pokémon, all of which have shiny shapes, will appear more in the wild:
Eggs at 2 km during Pokémon range from spring to spring
The following Pokémon will hatch from 2KM eggs obtained during the event more often:
- Steering wheel
Raids during Pokémon range from spring to spring
The following Pokémon will appear in Raids:
- Pikachu (one star)
- Eevee (one star)
- Timburr (one star)
- Rufflet (one star)
- Bunnelby (one star)
- Exeggutor Alolan (three stars)
- Chansey (three stars)
- Togetic (three stars)
- Azumarill (three stars)
- Mega lopunny
Field research during Pokémon runs from spring to spring
- Catch five Exeggcutes for a meeting with Pikachu, Eevee or Buneary.
- Catch 15 Exeggcute for an encounter with Azumarill.
- Catch 25 Exeggute for an encounter with Chansey.
- Win two raids for an encounter with Rufflet.
- Use incense for a meeting with Chansey.
Collectible challenge during Pokémon Go Spring into Spring
Catch these Pokémon during the event to add them to your Elite Collector Medal and earn a Lucky Egg, 50 Mega Lopunny Energy, and 2,500 XP.
- Shadow exeggcute
Other bonuses during Pokémon Go Spring into Spring
- Spring themed stickers will be available on PokéStops and freebies.
- Earn double the candy by hatching eggs.
- Lucky eggs will last for an hour.
- The eggs hatch half the walking distance.
- Shadow Exeggute will appear more often in Team GO Rocket battles.
Questions about Pokémon Go Spring into Spring?
Do you have questions about the Pokémon Go Spring into Spring event? Let us know in the comments section and check back regularly for more information on Pokémon Go. There are plenty of events planned this month, so you’ll want to be ready for anything!