As Niantic prepares for Legends Season, Pokémon Go events for March 2021 have been announced. As previously announced, Team GO Rocket will be back causing more trouble starting February 28, 2021. There will be new special research to track down and challenge Giovanni and his Shadow Legendary Pokémon. Starting in March, Giovanni will fight with Shadow Articuno. In April, he will have Shadow Zapdos, and in May, Shadow Moltres will be back. These are some of the most powerful Pokémon in the game, so whether you miss your first chance or just want a second, you won’t want to skip them. Additionally, players will have the opportunity at the start of each month of Legends Season to earn a Super Rocket Radar to challenge Giovanni.
In other news, Gible will be featured as the Research Breakthrough Award Meeting for March. There will be several Legendary Pokémon raiding over the month, with the Forces of Nature trio returning now with the potential to be Shiny, as well as the Pokémon Go debut of their Therian forms. You will be able to challenge the following Legendary Raids in March:
- Incarnate Forme Landorus * from Monday March 1 to Saturday March 6.
- Incarnate Forme Tornadus * from Saturday March 6 to Thursday March 11.
- Incarnate Forme Thundurus * from Thursday March 11 to Tuesday March 16.
- Therian Forme Thundurus from Tuesday March 16 to Tuesday March 30.
- Therian Forme Tornadus from Tuesday March 30.
From March 1 to March 16, the following Mega Evolved Pokémon will be available:
And then, the following Mega Raids will take over:
Spotlight hours for March will include:
- March 2: Krabby and Candy double transfer
- March 9: Drowzee and double Evolution XP
- March 16: Voltorb and double Catch Stardust
- March 23: Surskit and double Catch XP
- March 30: Slugma and double Catch Candy
Niantic will also test bonus hours on the following days:
- March 4: GO Rocket Hour, Team GO Rocket Balloons will appear more frequently.
- March 11: Mega Bonus Hour: Candy, earn more Candy when you catch Pokémon that share a type with your active Mega Evolved Pokémon.
- March 18: Mega Raid Hour, Mega Raids will take place more frequently.
The following events were also announced:
- In Search of Legends: From Tuesday March 9 to Sunday March 14, search for Legendary Pokémon and the Shiny Nosepass
- Incense Day: Psychic-type and Steel: Sunday, March 14, More Psychic-Type and Steel-type Pokémon will be attracted to Incense, including Beldum
- Charge Up !: From Tuesday March 16 through Monday March 22 Electric-type Pokémon will make their Pokémon GO debut
- Weather Week: From Wednesday March 24 to Monday March 29, weather-themed Pokémon will appear more often to celebrate the arrival of Tornado, Thundurus, and Landorus Therian Forms on Pokémon GO.
- A special Raid Weekend event featuring Legendary Pokémon: Saturday March 27 through Sunday March 28.
As if that wasn’t enough, every Monday in March will feature a free pack in the PokéShop, including a Remote Raid Pass, and the following quality of life improvements will be implemented.
- Trading Pokémon will have a chance to reward a Candy XL for the Pokémon you traded. The chance of receiving a Candy XL will increase the greater the distance between Pokémon capture locations.
- Walking with your Pokémon Buddy will now have a chance to earn you a Candy XL.
- Catching Legendary, Mythical, or Evolved Pokémon is now guaranteed to reward you with Candy XL.
The season of legends is certainly off to a good start. What event or bonus are you most excited for? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to check out our best Pokémon Go accessories so you can be fully equipped on your Pokémon Journey!