New Pokémon Snap will be released on April 30, joining the vast collection of Pokémon games on Nintendo Switch. Pokémon Go is tapping into the hype surrounding the new version of the 1999 photo simulation with a new Pokémon Snap celebration that runs April 29 at 8 p.m. on May 2. Here’s everything you need to know about the event.
What is the Pokémon Go New Pokémon Snap celebration?
The new Pokémon Snap will take players through the Lental region to take photos of Pokémon in their natural habitats which include deserts, jungles, and submarines. The Pokémon Go New Pokémon Snap celebration will highlight some of the Pokémon in New Pokémon Snap and highlight the Pokémon Go snapshot feature. A camera avatar item will be available for free in the store during the event and a camera-themed gift sticker will be available in the store and PokéStops.
New Pokémon in Pokémon Go Celebrating the New Pokémon Snap
A shiny version of Painter Pokémon Smeargle will appear for the first time during the event. Smeargle will appear in snapshots more often than usual, but will still photobomb you a limited number of times. The Shining Smeargle will only appear during the event, although he may return for future events.
Wild Appears During Pokémon Go New Pokémon Snap Celebration
The following Pokémon from the Lental region will appear in the wild more often:
Raids during the Pokémon Go New Pokémon Snap celebration
The following Pokémon will appear in raids:
- Bulbasaur (One star)
- Ducklett (One star)
- Espurr (One star)
- Trapinch (One star)
- Hippodocus (three stars)
- Meganium (three stars)
- Sharpedo (three stars)
- Tyranitar (three stars)
- Vaporeon (three stars)
- Venusaur (three stars)
Field research during the Pokémon Go New Pokémon Snap celebration
- Take a snapshot of a wild Pokemon for three Pinap or Razz Berries.
- Take five snapshots of wild Pokémon for a Dodrio or Skarmony encounter.
- Use five berries to help catch Pokémon for a Wooper, Wurmple, Croagunk, or Stunfisk encounter.
- Use five Golden Razz Berries to help catch Pokémon for an encounter with Lapras, Skarmony, or Alolan Goupix.
Timed search during Pokémon Go New Pokémon Snap celebration
Players can find this four-step timed search in the Today view:
The first step
- Take a snapshot of Aipom, Lotad, or Metapod in the wild for five Poké Balls.
- Use three berries to help catch Pokémon for an encounter with Bunnelby.
- Take three snapshots of wild Pokémon from a Meowth encounter.
Completion Rewards: Dodrio encounter, five Nanab berries, 750 XP.
- Take a snapshot of Cacnea, Sandshrew, or Trapinch in the wild for 10 Poké Balls.
- Use five berries to help catch Pokémon for a Sandshrew encounter.
- Take three snapshots of Wild Ground-type Pokémon for an encounter with Onix.
Completion Rewards: Skarmony encounter, five Nanab berries, 1,250 XP.
- Take a snapshot of Chinchou, Ducklett or Finneon in the wild for 10 Great Balls.
- Use seven berries to help catch Pokémon for a Wailmer encounter.
- Take three Snapshots of Wild Water-type Pokémon for a Quilfish encounter.
Completion Rewards: Mantine encounter, five Pinap berries, 2,000 XP.
- Take 15 Wild Pokémon Snapshots for five Poké Balls.
- Take a snapshot of Dodrio, Mantine or Skarmony in the wild for an encounter with Skorupi.
- Use 10 berries to help catch Pokémon for 1,000 Stardust.
Completion Rewards: Encounter with Camperl, 8,000 XP.
Questions about the Pokémon Go New Pokémon Snap celebration?
Do you have questions about the Pokémon Go New Pokémon Snap celebration? Are you planning to play New Pokémon Snap? Let us know in the comments section and check out all of our guides on Pokémon Go and New Pokémon Snap to help you be the best!