The Pokémon Go Legends Season continues with the appearance of a new Legendary Pokémon, Xerneas the Life Pokémon, during the Luminous Legends X event which runs May 4 at 8 p.m. on May 17, 2021. Fortunately, at iMore, we’ve got everything you need to know to get the most out of the event. And don’t forget to take a look at our best Pokémon Go accessories so you’re fully equipped for the journey ahead!
What is the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event?
Trainers will want to work together to catch a total of 500 million Fairy-type Pokémon from May 1-9 in order to unlock a triple Catch XP bonus from 10 a.m. on May 11 to 8 p.m. on May 17. If the bonus is unlocked, Pancham, will debut Pokémon Go in Raid Battles and Shiny Galarian Ponyta will appear. The new Shiny will continue to be available after the event.
The event will also feature Rainy Lure mods, which attract Water, Bug, and Electric-type Pokémon that love rain. If you evolve Dragonair during the event, the Dragonite will learn Draco Meteor. Evolve a Shelgon and the Salamence will learn Outrage. You can also get the special moves by using a TM loaded on the Evolved Pokémon.
New Pokémon in the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event
This event introduces Xerneas, the legendary Fairy-type Pokémon from the Kalos region, which will be available to fight in five-star raids. Fairy-type Pokémon Spritzee, Swirlix, and Goomy will also appear in the wild for the first time. Spritzee evolves into Aromatisse and Swirlix evolves into Slurpuff. Goomy evolves into Sliggo, which can become Goodra when the weather in the game is rainy or in the presence of a Rainy Lure mod.
Wild appears during the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event
The following Dragon and Fairy-type Pokémon will appear in the wild more often:
eggs 7 km away during the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event
The following Pokémon will hatch from 7 km eggs:
- Cleffa *
- Igglybuff *
- Azurille *
- Gible *
Potentially shiny Pokémon are marked with an asterisk.
Raids during the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event
The following Pokémon will appear in raids:
Galarian Ponyta will have their Shiny variant unlocked on May 11 if Trainers complete the Global Challenge.
Field research during the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event
Completing Field Research tasks will reward you with encounters with Dragon, Fairy, and Psychic-type Pokémon, including Galarian Ponyta, Gible, Spritzee, and Swirlix.
- Catch five Fairy-type Pokémon for an encounter with Marill * or Cottonee
- Catch ten Dragon-type Pokémon for a Gible encounter *
- Catch ten Fairy-type Pokémon for a Spritzee or Swirlix encounter
- Use seven berries to help catch Pokémon for a Spritzee or Swirlix encounter
- Win two Raids for a Gible encounter *
Timed research during the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event
In today’s view, players can complete a timed seven-step search to earn Rainy Lure Mods and encounter Fairy-type Pokémon, including Spritzee and Swirlix.
The first step
- Send five gifts to friends for a Jigglypuff meeting *
- Defeat three Team GO Rocket Grunts for a Gible encounter *
- Catch seven Fairy-type Pokémon for a Clefairy encounter *
Completion Rewards: 15 Super Balls, 750 XP
- Earn seven hearts with your Pokémon buddy for five Razz Berries
- Purify three Dark Pokémon for an encounter with Dratini
- Catch 15 Fairy-type Pokémon for an encounter with Marill
Completion Rewards: Rocket Radar, 2,000 XP
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Executive Arlo for five Hyper Potions
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Executive Cliff for three Max Revives
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Executive Sierra for three Max Potions
Completion rewards: Super Rocket Radar, 2,500 XP
- Find Team GO Rocket Boss for five Hyper Potions
- Face off against the Team GO Rocket boss for up to three raises
- Defeat the Team GO Rocket boss for three Max Potions
Completion Rewards: 15 Super Balls, 3,000 XP
- Evolve three Fairy-type Pokémon for a Sinnoh Stone
- Use incense for a Mawile encounter *
- Catch 20 Fairy-type Pokémon for a Spritzee encounter
Completion Rewards: Ten Pinap Berries, 4000 XP
- Make ten big throws for a Swirlix encounter
- Use 15 berries to help catch Pokémon for a Cottonee encounter
- Catch seven different species of Fairy-type Pokémon for an encounter with Azumarill *
Completion rewards: 15 Ultra Balls, 5,000 XP
- Complete five Field Research tasks for 25 Poké Balls
- Win a Raid for a Gible encounter *
- Catch 50 Fairy-type Pokémon for a Clefable encounter *
Completion rewards: Rainy Lure mod, 5,000 XP
Global challenge at the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event
At the start of the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event, a Global Challenge was launched for all Pokémon trainers around the world. If players can collectively catch 500,000,000 Fairy-type Pokémon, they will earn the following bonuses which will be available from May 11 to 17:
- Double XP capture
- Pancham to debut in Pokémon Go in raids for the remainder of the event
- The Shiny variant of Galarian Ponyta will be unlocked and will appear in raids *
Shiny Galarain Ponyta will remain unlocked after the event.
Questions about the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event?
Have questions about the Pokémon Go Luminous Legends X event? How many Xerneas are you going to try to catch? Let us know in the comments section below and be sure to check out our other Pokémon Go guides so you can be the best like no one has ever been.