As part of the Pokémon Go Beyond update, Trainers who reach level 40 before the end of 2020 will have access to the Pokémon Go Legacy 40 challenge – a timed research line that can get you some cool rewards, including a hat. Gyarados! Niantic gives Trainers plenty of chances to earn extra XP until the end of the year, but if you’re already at level 40, we can walk you through everything you need to know to complete the Pokémon Go Legacy challenge. 40.
What is the Pokémon Go Legacy 40 challenge?
As the year draws to a close and Pokémon Go’s level cap increases, Niantic is providing a bit more fun for Trainers who reach level 40 by the end of 2020. The Pokémon Go Legacy 40 challenge is a line of research timed that can only be viewed once. you reach level 40 and only until the end of 2020. Unlike Special Research, starting the Legacy 40 challenge is not enough. You have to complete it before the end of the year or else it will be gone forever (and try your luck with a Gyarados cap!) Fortunately, this four-step timed line of research is pretty straightforward and easy to complete.
The first step
- Light a Pokémon 10 times for 1000 Stardust.
- Catch 15 Pokémon for three Star Coins.
- Make five nice throws for 1000 XP.
Completion Rewards: Rufflet encounter, 1000 XP, 1000 Stardust
- Catch 15 different species of Pokémon for 1000 Stardust.
- Transfer ten Pokémon for one Unova Stone.
- Use 15 Pinap berries to catch Pokémon for 1000 XP.
Completion Rewards: Three Premium Raid Passes, 1000 XP, 1000 Stardust
- Make three big Curveball throws for 1000 Stardust.
- Win three raids for a Sinnoh Stone.
- Give your Pokémon Buddy ten treats for 1000 XP.
Completion Rewards: Three Super Incubators, 1000 XP, 1000 Stardust
- Automatically completed for 5,000 Stardust.
- Automatically terminated for a meeting with Deino.
- Automatically completed for 1000 XP.
Completion Rewards: Meeting Archen, Gyarados Avatar Style Cap, 5,000 Stardust
Questions about the Pokémon Go Legacy 40 challenge?
Do you have questions about the Pokémon Go Legacy 40 challenge? Will you be able to complete this timed search before the end of 2020? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to check out our best Pokémon Go accessories, so you can be fully equipped for your Pokémon journey!