While Pokémon Go Fest 2021 isn’t until mid-July, trainers are already excited about what promises to be the biggest event in Pokémon Go’s five years. Not only will Pokémon Go Fest 2021 look to beat Pokémon Go Fest. 2020, but it will also commemorate Pokémon Go’s fifth anniversary and Pokémon’s 25th anniversary. It goes without saying that this event will be huge, but what can players expect? Here’s everything that has been posted for the event so far! Check back often and be sure to check out our best Pokémon Go accessories to make sure you’re fully equipped when the big event arrives!
What is Pokémon Go Fest?
The biggest event of the year for Pokémon Go, the Pokémon Go Fest is an annual celebration of all things Pokémon Go. First launched in 2017 in Chicago, the Pokémon Go Fest was a true global gathering of players who worked together to take on challenges, catch old and new Pokémon, and celebrate their love for the game. Every year since then, Niantic has hosted this event. In 2019, Pokémon Go Fest expanded to include events in Dortmud and Yokohama, as well as Chicago.
While attendees had access to unique Pokémon and rewards, these events also included rewards for players who were unable to attend and which involved the unlocking of new Pokémon and new features for the game. in the future. For example, during the first Pokémon Go Fest, Lugia was revealed and featured as the game’s first Legendary Pokémon.
Last year, Pokémon Go Fest moved to a virtual global format, and it looks like 2021 will work the same. There will be no cap on tickets and all players will be able to take advantage of the two days for huge challenges and tons of Pokémon.
How will Pokémon Go Fest 2021 work?
In order to host a virtual event around the world, many aspects of Pokémon Go Fest 2020 were different from previous Pokémon Go Fests and 2021 promises much of the same. The biggest change is that there is no cap on tickets. No need to wait in a virtual queue, or hope that you are chosen from a raffle. As there is no physical space dedicated to the event, there is no need to limit the number of tickets sold. In an effort to keep the spirit of Pokémon Go Fest alive while enjoying a much bigger playing field, Niantic has given us an idea of what to expect:
Tickets for Pokémon Go Fest 2021 will cost $ 5 or your local equivalent. These tickets are valid for both days and can be purchased from today, May 27, 2021.
With the musical theme, this year’s Pokémon Go Fest will be a music festival in which you’ll be challenged to create a winning musical act, led by one of two Pikachu cosplayers: Rock Star Pikachu or Pop Star Pikachu.
Also new this year, Pokémon Go Fest 2021 is sponsored by Google Play. This means that players on Android devices will receive a few additional bonuses, including:
- Through May 30, Google Play members earn four times Google Play points for in-app purchases, including tickets to Pokémon Go Fest 2021
- Players using an Android device during the event will receive a bonus sponsored gift
Although the days will both have their own theme, this year’s themes are different, as are the activities organized during these days.
First day: Catch!
The first day of Pokémon Go Fest 2021 is themed Catch! Players will be able to catch music-themed Pokémon, as well as rotating Habitats-themed Pokémon. New Shiny Pokémon will be introduced and many Pokémon will see increased Shiny rates. There will be a special research with the opportunity of a Mythical Pokémon.
All players will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- Music-themed Pokémon like Chimecho, Kricketot, Audino, and a special-costume Pikachu will appear in the wild throughout the day.
- Shiny Whismur, Chimecho, Audino, and Tympole will make their Pokémon GO debut during the event.
- The rotating jungle themed habitats, Desert Mountain, Ocean Beach, and Cave will attract new Pokémon every hour.
- Saturday’s raids will feature Pokémon such as Hitmontop, Cranidos, Deino, the costumed Galarian Ponyta, and the costumed Galarian Zigzagoon.
Players with tickets will enjoy the following benefits:
- Complete a special search by creating a musical number with a Pikachu cosplay as your star to win an encounter with a Mythical Pokémon!
- The Global Challenge Arena will feature new challenges every hour for players around the world to earn amazing bonuses.
- Four collection challenges themed on each of the rotating habitats will also be available.
- A number of exclusive Pokémon will be drawn to incense and have increased shine rates.
Day two: Raid!
While most of the details for Sunday have yet to be released, today’s theme is Raid! Players will be able to challenge a plethora of raids with the ability to earn up to ten Standard Raid Passes and up to nine Ranged Raid Passes and the promise of returning many Raid Favorites.
Even trainers without a ticket will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- Many fan favorite Pokémon will return to Raids.
- Pokémon appearing on Saturday will also appear on Sunday.
Trainers with tickets can also enjoy the following benefits:
- Spin PokéStops to get up to ten free Raid Passes.
- Complete the timed search for up to eight ranged raid passes.
- Collect a free Remote Raid Pass in the PokéShop.
- Earn an additional 10,000 XP by completing raids.
- Any Pokémon attracted to Frankincense on Saturday will also be attracted to Frankincense on Sunday; However, the upgraded Shiny fares are only available on Saturdays, so try to catch them all before Sunday!
This year’s special research will begin on day one. Professor Willow and the team leaders will challenge players to build their musical number. Start by choosing either Rock Star Pikachu or Pop Star Pikachu, but choose carefully. Whichever you choose will determine your in-game music composed by none other than the legendary Junichi Masuda. Then, fill the rest of your party with Pokémon like Galarian Ponyta, Galarian Zigzagoon, Gardevoir, and Flygon – all of which will be summoned for the event. Players who complete the Special Research will earn:
- An encounter with a mythical Pokémon
- A t-shirt avatar item
- An exclusive avatar pose
Check back soon for the milestones and rewards, and once you’ve completed your special research, be sure to snap a photo for a special instant surprise!
The second day of Pokémon Go Fest 2021 will feature a timed search that will award players eight ranged raid passes. Check back soon for the stages and rewards!
Global Challenge Arena and rotating habitats
Pokémon Go Fest 2021 will once again feature the Global Challenge Arena, with hourly challenges aligned with the rotating Habitats.
Even players who don’t purchase a ticket will be able to catch the following Pokémon during the rotating habitats:
- Jungle: Scyther, Aipom, Froakie and more.
- Desert mountain: Skarmory, Shieldon, Hippopotas, and more.
- Ocean beach: Dratini, Swablu, Alomomola, and more.
- Cave: Roggenrola, Galarian Stunfisk, Deino and more.
Players with Tickets will be able to catch the following Pokémon during Rotating Habitats with Incense:
- Jungle: Unown F, Unown G, Ludicolo, Chatot, Leafeon and Serperior.
- Desert mountain: Flareon, Unown F, Unown G, Tyranitar, Flygon and Throh.
- Ocean beach: Gyarados, Vaporeon, Azumarill, Unown F, Unown G and Sawk.
- Cave: Umbreon, Unown F, Unown G, Gardevoir, Absol and Galvantula.
Pokémon attracted to Incense during the event will have an increased shine rate, including Unown F, Throh, and Sawk whose Shiny variants will make their Pokémon Go debut during the event.
During the two days, all players will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- Post your photos with # PokemonGOFest2021 and you just might find yourself in today’s view!
- Decoy modules activated during the hours of the event will last for three hours.
- Special music created by Pokémon music producer Junichi Masuda will be playing in the app throughout the event.
- Eggs placed in an incubator during the event hours will have half the hatch distance.
- Pokémon hatched from eggs 7 km away: Igglybuff, Chingling, Audino, and more.
- Event-exclusive field research tasks.
- Special visual effects on the map.
Ticket holders can expect the two days of the event to feature the following:
- Open Gifts or spin PokéStops to get Special Event Stickers.
- Take snapshots on both days of the event for a surprise!
- Unown F and Unown G will be attracted to incense with enhanced shine rates.
There will be a real Pokémon Go Fest 2021 jersey available to players in the US and Canada via the Pokémon Center. Additionally, players will be able to purchase event-exclusive merchandise from the Niantic Shop. Players will also be able to download a Home Print Kit. More details to come!
Questions about Pokémon Go Fest 2021?
Have questions about Pokémon Go Fest 2021? Who do you think will be the new Mythical Pokémon (our money is on Meloetta!) Let us know in the comments below and be sure to come back soon! As soon as new information is published, you will find it here!