Niantic announced the events of September 2020 in Pokémon Go and it’s going to be a busy month! Most exciting of the news are four Legendary Pokémon coming to Five Star Raids this month:
- As previously announced, from Friday, August 21, 2020 through Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 1 p.m. PST, Heatran will be available.
- Then, from Thursday, September 10, 2020, 1 p.m. PST to Friday, September 18, 2020, Cresselia will be available.
- From Friday, September 18, 2020 to Friday, September 25, 2020, 1:00 p.m. PST, Articuno will be available.
- Then, from Friday, September 25, 2020 to Friday, October 2, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. PST, Zapdos will be available.
Almost as exciting, Victini will be featured in Special Research: Investigating Mysterious Energy. This Special Research will be the first opportunity for players who haven’t participated in Pokémon Go Fest 2020 to meet the Mythical Victory Pokémon, Victini. For players who have already completed Rocket Straight to Victory, completing this special research will reward additional Victini candies.
Additionally, the Research Reward Breakthrough Encounter Pokémon for September will be Alolan Raichu, who can now be Shiny. The Spotlight Hours have also been announced and will include:
Get an iPhone SE with Mint Mobile service for $ 30 / month
- Tuesday, September 1 will feature Eevee and Double Catch XP.
- Tuesday, September 8 will feature Houndour and the Double Catch Candy.
- On Tuesday September 15th, Tentacool and the double Transfer Candy.
- Tuesday, September 22 will feature Spearow and double Evolve XP.
- Tuesday, September 29th will feature Skitty and the Double Catch Stardust.
A Go Battle Night event will also take place on Thursday, September 24 from 6:00 p.m. to midnight local time. During this event, Coaches will receive double Stardust for fighting in the Go Battle League and will be allowed to complete 20 sets, instead of the usual five.
Finally, Jessie and James will take to the skies for good on September 30, 2020. If you haven’t spotted their Meowth hot air balloon yet, you have until the end of the month to challenge them.
Are you excited about all of these new Pokémon? Which of the Legendary Raids are you most excited to encounter? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to check out our full Pokédex, as well as our many Pokémon Go guides, so you too can become a Pokémon Master!