We’re just weeks away from the arrival of the highly anticipated New Pokémon Snap, the sequel to a long-dormant game that is exciting Pokémon fans everywhere. To celebrate the imminent launch of New Pokémon Snap, Pokémon Go announces a new special celebration event for Pokémon Go.
Players can look forward to a photography-inspired event and the Lental region from the upcoming New Pokémon Snap game, and increased chances of encountering Pokémon Snap-inspired creatures in the wild.
Here are some of the highlights of the new Pokémon Go Special Event:
- Pokémon inspired by the Lental region in Pokémon Snap, such as Lotad, Cacnea, Ducklett, etc., will appear more frequently in the wild
- Pokémon inspired by the Slow Region in Pokémon Snap, such as Vaporeon, Meganium, Trapinch, etc., will appear more frequently in raids
- Event-exclusive Field and Timed Research with a focus on taking snapshots in Pokémon Go
- A new Camera Avatar Item and Camera-themed Gift Sticker will be available in the Store, and the new Gift Sticker can also appear on PokéStops
- Smeargle has an increased chance of appearing in Snapshots in Pokémon Go. If players are lucky, they may even encounter a Shiny Smeargle for the first time in Pokémon Go, only for the duration of the event!
This new special Pokémon Go event is a great way to prepare for the upcoming New Pokémon Snap game, which launches for Nintendo Switch on April 30, 2021. Make sure you get the most out of the Pokémon Go event by investing in some of the best accessories for Pokémon Go.
2021 has certainly been a busy year for the famous Pokémon franchise. Earlier this year, we took a look at 25 years of Pokémon.