Pokémon GO Fest 2020 is almost here. To prepare, there will be three weeks of timed research challenges. Coaches will receive incredible individual rewards, as well as the ability to unlock Pokémon for Pokémon GO Fest 2020. The first week has officially started and we have everything you need to know to complete this week’s timed search!
What is a timed research challenge?
Introduced in the Throwback Challenge event, a timed research challenge is a special research that must be completed within a defined period of time. If it is not completed before the time expires, it will disappear forever. There are bonuses during timed research that will make it easier to complete and the bonuses are quite impressive. For this timed research challenge, there are both individual rewards and group rewards in the form of Pokémon unlocked for Pokémon GO Fest 2020.
Get an iPhone SE with Mint Mobile service for $ 30 / month
First week: skill
The challenges of the first week focus on skills. It started on July 3, 2020 at 8 a.m. local time and will end on July 8, 2020 at 10 p.m. local time. While all of these can be completed solo and even without leaving home, they require a lot of resources and time, and of course, skills!
The first step
- Catch 20 Pokémon for 100 Star Dust.
- Make five pretty throws for 10 PokéBalls.
- Use five berries to catch Pokémon for five Pinap berries.
Completion Rewards: 100 XP, a Golden Razz Berry, 10 Great Balls
- Catch 30 Pokémon for 300 Star Dust.
- Make ten large throws for ten large balls.
- Transfer 20 Pokémon for 20 PokéBalls.
Completion Rewards: 300 XP, a Ducklett encounter, a Silver Pinap Berry
- Catch 50 Pokémon for 1000 Star Dust.
- Make a great throw for ten Ultra Balls.
- Catch 15 different species of Pokémon for 20 large balls.
Completion Rewards: a rare candy, an encounter with flying Pikachu, a star coin
In addition to all of the timed searches, there is also an Elite challenge. It will be even more resources and time:
- Catch 100 Pokémon for five PokéBalls.
- Catch 25 different species of Pokémon for five large balls.
- Make 50 excellent throws for five Ultra Balls.
Completion Rewards: 500 XP, 500 Stardust, five Razz bays
In addition to individual rewards, there are also team rewards.
- One million Team Instinct trainers who have completed the research will unlock Chimecho for GO Fest.
- One million Team Mystic Trainers completing the research will unlock Alomomola for GO Fest.
- One million Team Valor trainers completing the research will unlock Chansey for GO Fest.
In addition to timed research, team challenges and the Elite challenge, there will be a lot of bonuses during the week:
- Flying-type Pokémon and Pokémon wearing party hats will appear in the wild, hatch from eggs, and will appear in raids.
- Shiny Pidove will appear.
- Ducklett will be introduced, spawned in the wild and will hatch from 5 km eggs.
- Flying Pikachu will appear in the wild and appear in raids, and may be shiny.
- The special Jump-Start search will also be available this week for all trainers who missed it during last year’s anniversary celebration.
- An instant surprise will also appear during this event.
- Ho-Oh will be presented in a raid weekend.
Do you have questions about the first week of the Pokémon Go Anniversary Challenge? What bonus or new Pokémon are you most excited for? Let us know in the comments below, and be sure to check out our full Pokédex, as well as our many Pokémon Go guides so you can be the best like no one has ever been!