A new Mythical Pokémon has arrived. Genesect, the Paleozoic Pokémon, is introduced in Pokémon Go. Trainers who purchase a ticket for the special research event: a campaign to investigate, will be able to multitask to encounter this type of mythical and steel bug . Following the new coronavirus pandemic, this event has been adjusted by Niantic to allow solo play and we have all the details here.
The Paleozoic Pokémon, Genesect is a Mythical Pokémon resurrected from a fossil. Dissatisfied with an already skilled and vicious hunter, scientists working for the infamous Plasma team have made technological improvements to Genesect, including a huge cannon on its back. Genesect can also take different forms depending on which of the four discs is in its barrel. These discs change the type of his signature movement: Techno Blast. It looks like the different shapes of Genesect in Pokémon Go will have different loaded moves instead of Techno Blast and we don’t currently know if trainers will only be able to catch one or all of them. Still, you can catch a version of Genesect with this special research event.
A campaign to investigate
Starting March 20, 2020, at 8 a.m. local time, if you purchased your ticket for A Drive to Investigate, you will have access to the following special research tasks. As with other special searches, the tasks in one step must be completed before the next is unlocked, but they are designed for solo play to support social distancing efforts.
The first step
- Fight another trainer five times for 1000 star dust.
- Catch 25 normal-type Pokémon for three rare candies.
- Give your Pokémon buddy a treat for an encounter with trash cans.
Completion Rewards: five premium combat passes, a Pinsir encounter and a Genesect cap.
- Feed Pokémon five times for 1000 Star Dust.
- Catch 25 Fire-type Pokémon for three rare candies.
- Send three gifts to your friends for a meeting with Karrablast.
Completion rewards: three loaded TMs, a meeting with Skarmory and three super incubators.
- Transfer three Pokémon for 1000 Star Dust.
- Catch 25 Water-type Pokémon for three rare candies.
- Hatch an egg for a Shelmet encounter.
Completion rewards: three incenses, a meeting with Scizor and a Genesect bag.
- Make three large consecutive throws for 1000 star dust.
- Catch 25 Electric-type Pokémon for three rare candies.
- Play with your Pokémon Buddy for a meeting with Kabuto.
Completion rewards: three Fast TM, a Genesect meeting and a Glacial Lure module.
- Fight a team leader three times for 1000 Stardust.
- Catch 25 Ice-type Pokémon for three rare candies.
- Take three snapshots of Genesect for a Durant encounter.
Completion rewards: a puffin, ten Genesect candies and three star coins.
Any questions about A Drive to Investigate?
Do you have questions regarding the conduct of the special research event A campaign to investigate? Drop them in the comments below, and be sure to check out our full Pokédex, as well as our many Pokémon Go guides so that you too can become a Pokémon master!