Pokémon GO November features a month of different five-star raid bosses, new Pokémon Spotlight encounters, a Togetic research trailer and quality of life updates for eggs, special research missions, and more.
November 2020 Raid Bosses, Spotlight Hours and Research Breakthrough
November Innovative Research Meeting
From Sunday, November 1, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. Until Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. M. PST (GMT −8), Togetic will be available as a Research Breakthrough encounter.
November Five Star Raid Bosses
|October 23 – November 5||Darkrai|
|November 5 – November 16||a familiar Pokémon|
|November 16 – November 24||Terrakion, Cobalion and Virizion|
|November 24 – November 30||a mysterious Pokémon|
- From Friday, October 23, 2020 at 1:00 pm PDT (GMT −7) to Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 1:00 pm PST (GMT −8), Darkrai will be available to challenge in raids of five stars. .
- From Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. Until Monday, November 16, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. M. PST (GMT −8), a familiar Pokémon will return to five-star raids.
- From Monday, November 16, 2020 at 1:00 pm to Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 1:00 pm PST (GMT −8), Terrakion, Cobalion, and Virizion will be available to challenge in five-star raids.
- Stay tuned for more details on the featured Raid Boss who will be on five-star raids from Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 1:00 pm to Monday, November 30, 2020 at 1:00 pm PST (GMT – 8)!
In addition to these rotations, there will be a Raid Hour event every Wednesday in November at 6:00 pm local time with that week’s five-star Raid Boss.
November Pokémon Spotlight Hours
In the month of November, Pokémon Spotlight Hour will take place every Tuesday at 6:00 pm local time, with each hour featuring a different Pokémon and a special bonus!
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020: Cubone will be in the limelight and you’ll earn double Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020: Jigglypuff will be in the spotlight and you will earn double XP for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020: Meowth will be in the spotlight and you will earn double the candy for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, November 24, 2020: Barboach will be in the spotlight and you will earn double the candy for transferring Pokémon.
More events and feature updates
Mysterious Limited Investigation Nov 28
Look forward to a limited research event taking place on November 28, 2020! Featured Pokémon will be announced at a later date.
Learn more about how you got your Pokémon
Soon you will be able to see more information about the Pokémon you have come to know and love! Here are some changes described by Niantic:
- If your Pokémon was born from an Egg, you will see what type of Egg it was born from.
- If you caught your Pokémon in an encounter after a raid, you will be able to see more details about that raid, such as whether it was an EX raid or a mega raid, or whether you fought the raid remotely or in person.
- You’ll also see if you met your Pokémon in a special encounter, such as an encounter after winning the GO Battle League, a Research Breakthrough encounter, or a surprise encounter after taking a snapshot.
- You can even see if you caught your Pokémon during one of Pokémon GO’s ticketed events, like Pokémon GO Fest!
Special Research Updates
Niantic is also updating when Trainers will receive special research lines released in the past so it won’t be overwhelming for new Trainers.
For example, instead of receiving multiple Special Research Lines after completing the Mythical Discovery Special Research, Trainers will receive them later, after they progress further with the Special Research Lines they have.
This will not affect Trainers who have already received all of the above special research lines, so this is primarily for newly obtained research quest lines.