Trainers, Niantic has shared an update detailing all of the balance changes they have made in conjunction with the Pokémon GO Beyond update. Although these changes were expected from November 30, we finally have official figures and confirmation of the changes observed in nature.
Our Buddy System Guide, GO Beyond Upgrade Guide, and Pokémon GO Level 40-50 Guide are getting updated as you read this. You can find the Niantic’s official post here.
Updates to XP
XP has been increased for the following activities.
- Catch a Pokémon with a good throw: 10 XP to 20 XP
- Catch a Pokémon with a Big Throw: 50 XP to 100 XP
- Catch a Pokémon with an Excellent Throw: 100 XP to 1,000 XP
- Catch a Pokémon with a curve ball throw: 10 XP to 20 XP
- Evolution of a Pokémon: 500 XP to 1,000 XP
- Catch a Pokémon or spin a PokéStop the first time in a day: 500 XP to 1500 XP
- Achieve a seven-day Pokemon Caught Streak or PokéStop Spins Streak: 2,000 XP to 6,000 XP
- Give a Pokemon a Berry in a Gym: 20 XP to 50 XP
- Spin a PokéStop: 50 XP to 100 XP
- Defeat a gym: 100 XP to 1,000 XP
- Defeat a Pokémon in a gym: 100 XP to 300 XP
- Hatch a 2km Egg: 200 XP to 500 XP
- Hatch a 5km Egg: 500 XP to 1,000 XP
- Hatching a 10km Egg: 1000 XP to 2000 XP
- Hatch a Strange Egg: 2,000 XP to 4,000 XP
- Catch a Pokémon in AR mode: 100 XP to 300 XP
- Unlocking a new Pokédex entry: 500 XP to 1,000 XP
- The chance of finding Smeargle after taking a snapshot has been increased.
- Nanab Berries are now more effective and completely calm Pokémon in encounters.
- You will now earn more Candy by capturing a Pokémon that you have given a Silver Pineapple Berry.
- The “Make 3 Excellent Throws in a Row” task now leads to an encounter with Gible instead of Larvitar.
- Now you can win up to three hearts every day fighting with your friend.
- Your friend can now get excited more easily.
- Golden Razz Berries and Silver Pinap Berries are most effective when you give them to your friend.
- The Stardust you will get from giving a Pokémon a Berry in a Gym has been increased from 20 to 30.
- Starting December 7, you’ll earn more Stardust with Adventure Sync weekly rewards.