Niantic just shared the details for February in Pokémon Go and it’s going to be a very, very busy month. There will be several events as the 25th anniversary approaches, including:
- The Team GO Rocket Celebration Event – February 2-7. More details can be found here.
- The Lunar New Year event – February 9-14. Catch red Pokémon to celebrate the Year of the Ox and take on a new mega raid.
- The Love Cup – February 8-15. More details here.
- Valentine’s Day event – February 14-18. More details will be announced soon.
- Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto – February 20. More details can be found here.
February’s Legendary and Mega Raids will include:
- Raikou – from Sunday January 31 to Thursday February 4, 2021
- Suicune – from Thursday February 4 to Tuesday February 9
- Latias and Latios – from Tuesday February 9 to Saturday February 20
- Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Mewtwo – from Saturday February 20 to Monday March 1
- Mega Venusaur, Mega Ampharos and Mega Houndoom – Tuesday January 19 to Tuesday February 9
- Mega Pidgeot, Mega Ampharos and a Mega Evolved surprise Pokémon – from Tuesday February 9 to Saturday February 20
- Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y and Mega Blastoise – from Saturday February 20 to Monday March 1, 2021
Each week in February will also feature a Legendary Raid Hour on Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. local time, featuring Pokémon currently active in Legendary Raids.
Spotlight hours for February will include:
- Tuesday February 2 will feature Ekans with double Evolution XP
- Tuesday February 9th will feature Miltank with the Double Catch Stardust
- Tuesday February 16 will present Luvdisc with a double Catch XP
- Tuesday February 23 will feature Pikachu with the Double Catch Candy
Snorlax will be the research breakthrough reward, and as previously announced, Roselia will be featured on Community Day in February.
It will certainly be a very full month for Pokémon Go trainers! What event are you most looking forward to? Let us know in the comments below, and be sure to check out our best Pokémon Go accessories so you can be fully equipped on your Pokémon Journey!