Niantic consulted Twitter today for discuss the changes in Pokémon Go Battle League. Although season two was originally delayed several days ago, the official start date is now May 11, 2020. At 1:00 p.m. PST on May 11, coaches will also be able to claim their ranking awards for season one, including including an Elite Charged TM. for those of rank seven or higher. The current season two schedule has also been released:
- The Grand League will run from Monday, May 11, 2020 at 1 p.m. to Monday, June 1, 2020 at 1 p.m. PST.
- The Ultra League will run from Monday, June 1, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, June 22, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. PST.
- The Master League will run from Monday, June 22, 2020 at 1 p.m. to Monday, July 6, 2020 at 1 p.m. PST.
- The Go Battle Premier Cup will take place from Monday, June 22, 2020 at 1 p.m. to Monday, July 13, 2020 at 1 p.m. PST.
- The three leagues will also be available from Monday July 6, 2020 at 1 p.m. to Monday July 13, 2020 at 1 p.m. PST.
The Premier Cup, a new event for the Go Battle League, will not have a CP limit, similar to the Master League, but will not allow for legendary or mythical Pokémon.
Get an iPhone SE with Mint Mobile service for $ 30 / month
In addition, Niantic has announced several aspects that will continue in season two, including:
- No working conditions for Battle Sets.
- Pikachu Libre and Steven Stone have inspired Avatar-style awards.
- Guaranteed Metagross and Pikachu Libre meetings.
The following changes have also been announced:
- Pokémon meet after the third (Basic) or first (Premium) victory.
- Ranks four through seven require more wins.
- Pokémon rewards matches for ranks: Stunfisk (four), Rufflet (eight) and Scraggy (nine).
- Rank 10 rewards a new avatar pose
- Rank seven rewards an Elite Fast TM.
Coach battles will also see some changes, with QR codes being allowed regardless of friendship level or distance, and lower friendship requirements for battles between existing friends. Drill Run, Moonblast and Wild Charge have all seen adjustments, and finally Palkia can now learn Aqua Tail.