Niantic has announced that Mega Gengar will replace Mega Venusaur on Friday, October 23. Mega Evolutions will also receive a series of updates in November, so be sure to memorize this post. This has been published in conjunction with the announcement of the Pokémon GO Halloween 2020 event.
Mega Venusaur raids featured through October 23
On Friday, October 23, 2020, at 6:00 pm PDT (GMT −7), Mega Gengar will be available to fight in Mega Raids, and Mega Venusaur will leave Mega Raids. Until then, Mega Venusaur will appear more frequently in Mega Raids, so be sure to make the most of this time! Here are some other ways you can earn Venusaur Mega Energy.
- You will be able to earn Venusaur Mega Energy by completing selected Field Research tasks.
- An upcoming event in November will feature Timed Research rewarding Venusaur Mega Energy.
We’ll provide you with other ways to earn Venusaur Mega Energy in the future, so stay tuned for updates.
November Mega Evolution updates
In early November, there will be updates to the Mega Evolution feature. You can do the following.
- Gain Mega Energy by walking with your Buddy Pokémon if you have previously Mega Evolved a Pokémon in your Buddy Pokémon’s Evolution line.
- Earn extra Candy when you have an active Mega Evolved Pokémon and catch a Pokémon that shares a type with your Mega Evolved Pokémon. You will also earn additional candy by catching a Raid Boss, regardless of its type.
- Look at the Trainers on your friends list who currently have a Mega Evolved Pokémon.
Older Mega Evolution changes include (active Oct 15):
- The duration of the Pokémon’s permanence in its mega evolved form has been doubled from four to eight hours.
- The Mega Energy limit has been increased from 999 to 2000. This limit applies to each individual type of Mega Energy, not the total amount of Mega Energy you have among Pokémon species.
Good luck on your raids, Trainers!