Season 7 of the GO Battle League has just been announced, officially called “The Season of Legends”. With the new seasons come new and exciting changes. There is a lot to cover, but let’s analyze this informational ad and discuss each main topic.
Date and Time
GO Battle League Season 7 will begin on Monday, March 1, 2021, to 13:00 PST (GMT −8).
From the official announcement:
“Coaches, is there a more suitable time for GO Battle League Season 7 to begin than with Season of Legends? We are excited to share how this season of the GO Battle League will be our most legendary yet! As we continue to work to bring interesting and competitive experiences to the GO Battle League, you can expect new cups that exceed team expectations in known leagues and a surprise sometime in between. Monday, March 29, 2021, to 13:00 for Monday, April 5, 2021 at 1:00 pm PDT (GMT −7). “
From this, we can deduce that Niantic wants to turn things around for season 7, which will add a more strategic and competitive experience. Could this mean that we will have a meta change with this update? Let’s dive in and find out.
Season 6 finale rewards
When season 7 begins Monday March 1, 2021 at 1:00 pm PST (GMT −8), your end-of-season rewards for Season 6 will be available on the battle screen, including a Elite FastTM if you reached rank 19 or higher. Your grade will be reset. Stay tuned, we will let you know if something changes.
Season 7 timeline and what to expect
Season 7 starts off with a pretty standard schedule for the first half of the season, unsurprisingly. One thing to note is that the standard Grand League will be playable alongside the Master League rotation. This is where things start to get exciting:
- The Great league will run from Monday, March 1, 2021, to 1:00 pm PST (GMT −8) for Monday, March 15, 2021, to 1:00 pm PDT (GMT −7).
- The Ultra League And it is Premier Cup will run from Monday, March 15, 2021, to 13:00 for Monday March 29, 2021 at 1:00 pm PDT (GMT −7).
- The Master league, Master League Classic, and the Great league will run from Monday, March 29, 2021, to 13:00 for Monday, April 5, 2021, to 1:00 pm PDT (GMT −7). Only Pokémon that have not been boosted with Candy XL are allowed in Master League Classic.
- All three leagues will run from Monday, April 5, 2021, to 13:00 for Monday, April 12, 2021 at 1:00 pm PDT (GMT −7).
Second part of the season
In the second part of the season, two new Big League cups will arrive in season 7 called “The Remix Cup” and “The Retro Cup”, which will be discussed below. Niantic really seems to be enjoying putting out new themed cups to mix things up. Not only is this keeping things fresh, in hindsight these cups are paving the way for PvP to grow into a bigger scene and eventually grow into something bigger:
- The Great league and a new cup called Great League Remix will run from Monday, April 12, 2021, to 1:00 p.m. to Monday, April 26, 2021, to 1:00 pm PDT (GMT −7).
- The Ultra League And it is Premier Cup will run from Monday, April 26, 2021 at 1:00 pm to Monday, May 10, 2021 at 1:00 pm PDT (GMT −7).
- The Master league, Master League Classic, and the Retro cup will run from Monday, May 10, 2021, to 13:00 for Monday, May 17, 2021 at 1:00 pm PDT (GMT −7). Only Pokémon that have not been boosted with Candy XL are allowed in Master League Classic.
- All three leagues will run from Monday, May 17, 2021 to 13:00 for Monday, May 24, 2021, to 1:00 pm PDT (GMT −7).
Ranked play ends and the Kanto Cup returns on May 24
The Kanto Cup is making a comeback as once again an ‘unranked’ cup, which means it will have no effect on your MMR (matchmaking index). It was also mentioned that Season 7 will have the same ranking format as Season 6.
- Qualified game will end on Monday, May 24, 2021 at 1:00 pm PDT (GMT −7).
- An unclassified Kanto Cup will run from Monday, May 24, 2021, to 13:00 for Monday, May 31, 2021 to 1:00 pm PDT (GMT −7).
Season 7 rewards
There are some notable changes coming to the GO Battle League during Season 7. You won’t want to miss out on these Season 7 rewards:
- The Pikachu Free Avatar Items will be a reward for Trainers who reach rank 10. Coaches reaching Legend Rank will win avatar elements and a pose inspired by He is a, who made his first appearance in Pokémon black version and Pokémon White Version. TO position 19, you will receive a Elite ChargedTM, and you will also receive a Elite FastTM as an end-of-season reward.
- Some of the Pokémon that you will encounter when you reach certain ranks will be inspired by Elesa. In addition, players who reach rank 20 are guaranteed to find the Legendary pokemon who’s showing up in five-star raids At that time.
- Rank 1: We guarantee that you will find Zebstrika, one of Elesa’s partner Pokémon in Pokémon role-playing games.
- Rank 1 onwards: You can find Pokémon like Poliwhirl, Flaaffy, Pupitar, Galvantula, and more.
- Rank 10 onwards: You can find Pokémon like Medicham, Frillish, Stunfisk, and more.
- Rank 15 and up: You can find Pokémon like Thin, Lampent, and Rufflet. Don’t forget, if you’re lucky, you might find yourself Shiny rufflet!
- From rank 20 onwards: You can find the Legendary pokemon who’s showing up in five-star raids At that time.
- Rank as on: You can find Deino!
- Legend Rank: You are guaranteed to find a Free Pikachu. This will be the only time you will be able to meet a Free Pikachu during the season. From previous reports in Season 6, we know that Free Pikachu has a chance to shine!
- You will earn more Candy XL than usual when you catch these Pokémon in GO Battle League bounty encounters: Poliwhirl, Flaaffy, Pupitar, Medicham, Thin, Galvantula, Lampent, and Stunfisk.
GO Battle League Season 7 Cups
Great League Remix
The 10 most used Pokémon in the Great League no be allowed in this version of the league. We will share the list of ineligible Pokémon shortly after the Great League ends on March, 15th.
Be prepared to check out those ‘spice’ selections in this format! Since the main contenders are not eligible for this cup, we are sure to see some new and unexpected Pokémon rise from the grave.
This mug will be a kick! Only the first 15 types of Pokémon, excluding Dark, Steel, and Fairy types, they will be usable in this cup, and the CP limit will be 1,500.
Get ready to feel the nostalgia for Pokémon Red and Blue again with this mug. Only the first 15 types of Pokémon of the first generation can be used in The Retro Cup.
The CP limit for this cup will be 1500, and only Pokémon with a Pokédex number from # 001 to # 151 will be allowed. Your rating will not be affected during the Kanto Cup, so feel free to get creative!
The prerequisite of walking to unlock battles will be no go back to the GO Battle League. Stay tuned for more updates on GO Battle League Season 7, including some Trainer Battle Attack Updates.
Each season, the competition becomes increasingly fierce and people adopt new strategies with even more thoughtful tactics to dominate their opponents.
Will you fight in the Season of legends and compete to reach the highest rank?
My best advice if you are looking to get into Pokémon GO PvP is to “play to improve, not to win”, that is, learn from your mistakes, apply new tactics if things don’t work out and, most importantly, stay calm and stable. .
GO’s Post-Battle League Season 7 Guide first appeared on the Pokémon GO Hub.