Trainers, Niantic has shared that the choice between the red and green version of the Kanto Tour event is coming soon! The Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event takes place on Saturday, February 20, 2021, from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm local time.
Ticket holders have until the end of the event to choose between Red Version or Green Version. When opening the app, you will be asked to choose a version before you can participate.
The differences between these two versions are listed below, with many more details available in our original event article.
- Red version: Exclusive Pokémon: Ekans, Oddish, Mankey, Growlithe, Scyther and Electabuzz will be attracted to Incense.
- You will have a higher chance of encountering these Shiny Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Ekans, Pikachu, Nidoran♀, Oddish, Diglett, Mankey, Growlithe, Ponyta, Shellder, Drowzee, Krabby, Hitmonlee, Lickitung, Scyther, Electabuzz, Eevee, Kabuto and Dratini.
- Green version exclusive Pokémon: Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout, Magmar, and Pinsir will be drawn to Incense.
- You will have a higher chance of encountering these Shiny Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Nidoran♂, Vulpix, Meowth, Psyduck, Bellsprout, Geodude, Exeggcute, Hitmonchan, Koffing, Tangela, Horsea, Magmar, Pinsir, Eevee, Omanyte and Dratini.
Now that you know the differences between the red version and the green version, it’s time to make a decision! Once you choose your event version, you won’t be able to change it, so choose carefully! To choose the version of your event, follow the instructions below.
- Open your bag of items.
- Tap your Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto entry to bring up the selection pop-up window.
- This selection pop-up will ask you to tap Choose red or Choose green.
- After selecting your version, you will be asked to tap YES to confirm. You cannot change the version of your event once you have confirmed your choice, so choose carefully!