Niantic has shared the official release notes for the Pokémon GO update 0.221 is now available, also known as 1,187 in the Apple App Store. This update finally allows players who play on devices without gyros to evolve Inkay using only Inkay candy.
Take a look at How to evolve Inkay to Malamar in Pokémon GO for the usual method.
In addition to fixing Inkay, this update also improves the loading time of the Pokédex and fixes some visual and gameplay issues. Of course, our readers are traditionally more interested in APK data mines, and this one brings updates to routes, Wayfarer submissions, and the possible omission of egg hatching, check it out.
Here’s the full changelog for the new version:
- The AR security popup will now only appear before the first AR session instead of every AR session.
- Trainers can now zoom in and out of Avatar Outfits in the Shop.
- Background color darkened in some text pop-ups to increase readability.
- Reduced time to load the Pokédex.
- Trainers who have a device that doesn’t have a gyroscope can evolve Inkay without their unique evolution method.
- The text size of the decoy module in Japanese and Chinese has been changed to be more readable.
- Fixed the bug that caused the Pokémon search icon text to split incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that displayed gifts from friends who did not send a gift.
- Fixed a bug that caused Falinks to appear too large as a raid boss during raid battles.
- Fixed a bug that caused friendly Pokémon to disappear from the map after evolving.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Pokémon, Pokéstops, and other items from loading after putting the app in the background while walking.
- Fixed the evolution bug where evolved Pokémon were cut off on the Pokémon details page and on the evolution screen.
- Fixed a bug when removing the shiny icon for evolved Pokémon on the Pokémon details page from the Pokédex.
- Fixed a bug that caused a contact list import popup to appear during combat.
- Fixed a bug that caused some friendly Pokémon to start walking at a distance less than zero.
- Disguised Raid Boss Pokémon will retain the costume even if they are captured after the end of a special event.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Adventure Sync from tracking distance traveled for friend candy and egg walk requirements.
- Fixed the bug that caused double the XP earned when using a Lucky Egg to appear as the standard amount of XP.
- Fixed a bug that would lock Trainers out of their account after evolving their partner.
The 0.221 release update finally allows users without gyros to evolve. Inkay first appeared on the Pokémon GO Hub.